Fees and Cancellation Policy:
- A fee of $40 applies when a course booking is cancelled.
- 100% loss of fees paid for non-attendance at a course
- Transfer of a course booking is available. (more than 3 business working days’ notice required. 3 business days’ notice or less is considered a cancellation). A fee of $20 for each transfer, (one free transfer offered).
- Refunds and re-bookings must be claimed within 30 days. No refund of any fees paid will be available after this time
- Course start times are fixed. We strongly advise that students arrive at least 15 minutes early. Late arrivals will not be admitted and a cancellation fee will apply.
All refunds are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
A refund will also be offered if Vital First Aid is unable to provide the agreed training.
Online credit card payments will incur a transaction fee of 1.5% + $0.25 ex gst. This fee is applied and collected by our merchant EZYPAY directly and is not managed by us. This fee will not appear on your tax invoice as we have not charged it. The fee is in line with ACCC guidelines. See here for EZYPAY terms and conditions
COVID – as the rules relating to COVID are changing regularly, it is the responsibility of participants attending courses to ensure they are aware of the current restrictions and requirements especially in regards to vaccination and masks.
If you do not think you would be able to successfully complete this, please let us know as soon as possible. You may be requested to complete this prior to course commencement.
If you know that you will have LLN issues that may impact the successful completion of the course it is important not to ignore this, or even attempt to find another training organisation that “doesn’t care” if you have LLN issues. It is important for you to address any LLN issues – we recommend completing a LLN course with either TAFE or contact the READING WRITING Hotline 1300 655506.
Other Support Needs – working to help you achieve your goals
We have many other methods of supporting your needs during our courses including
- the ability to bring a support person with you to the class which can include interpreters
- access to online learning assistance packages to supplement your learning
- adjusted assessment completion times
- larger font via our online class completed assessments
- assistance dog attendance
Just ask and we will do our best to support you.
Please let us know about any other type of disability or special needs you may have as soon as possible to enable us to provide the best support for you.
Student support prior to courses
Many of our courses require students to complete some sort of pre-course learning. To ensure this learning is fully supported and provides the best experience for students, students can gain assistance from a senior trainer during our business hours by simply calling the office. Outside of business hours support can be gained via our Facebook page Vital First Aid. This out-of-hours support is not monitored 24/7 but we do endeavor to get back to you the same day.
Course Attendance – critical information for students
Critical information you need to know when attending one of our courses:
- Ensure your Date of Birth, other personal information, and USI are entered. No certificate can be issued without a valid USI and date of birth
- Ensure that any pre-course On-line Learning is completed before the course. If you have any pre-course work, it will be listed under Learning to Do in your Learner Portal. Only the registered participant is permitted to complete the online work and it must be completed prior to attending the course.
- make sure you are aware of current COVID requirements for the venue you are attending. No refund will be provided if you cannot provide the required entry requirements for the venue
- A smartphone/laptop or tablet with internet access is needed to complete assessments during the course (some venues also have wifi). We use online assessments which are completed on your device. The trainer will be able to assist you with this if needed. Please download and use the latest version of CHROME. We cannot support other browsers.
- With short courses such as first aid and CPR, it is critical that they start on time. Our trainers have to ensure each student is fully aware of our expectations in relation to assessments, COVID safety, and general house-keeping. We recommend students arrive 15mins early as the course starts at the specified time. Students that arrive late will generally not be permitted into the class. A fee may apply to re-book and no refunds will be provided for late students who are refused entry.
Any complaint that you have about Vital First Aid should be directed to the CEO. Vital First Aid has a formal process of investigation for all complaints and your privacy will at all times be maintained. If a mutually acceptable resolution cannot be achieved we will direct you to the appropriate organisation for further action.
Under 18 years?
Is the student UNDER 18 years of age?
Consent to attend a course and provide us with personal information is required for those under 18. A consent form can be downloaded here, signed by a parent / guardian and brought with the student to the course
We do require ALL participants of courses to complete their profiles on-line prior to any certificates / statement of attainments being sent. This includes completion of AVETMISS data requirements for NCVER which includes providing information about your educational history, place of birth etc. We are unable to provide you with any Nationally Recognised certification without the USI number and the additional AVETMISS data. An example of the type of personal information that we e required to gain under AVETMISS is:
- full name
- birth date
- In which country were you born?
- Do you speak a language other than English at home?
- Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin?
- Do you consider yourself to have a disability, impairment or long-term condition? some details will be requested
- What is your highest COMPLETED school level?
- Are you still enrolled in secondary or senior secondary education?
- Have you SUCCESSFULLY completed any of full qualifications?
- what BEST describes your current employment status?
- what is the main reason you are undertaking this course?
Supplying a USI
A verified USI (unique Student Identifier) number is required to be supplied by every student in order to receive a certification for any of our Nationally Recognised units of competency. This is a Federal Government requirement applied to ALL Nationally Recognised training. A USI can be obtained from www.usi.gov.au
In certain cases students may be exempt from supplying a USI. Please refer to the USI website Exemptions for details
Students not providing a USI will not have access to online student portal or the ability to have online verification of qualifications. Students must also be aware that if they successfully claim exemption from supplying a USI their training activity will not be included in the National VET Activity Provider Collection and that the training activity will not appear on their Authenticated VET Transcript.
Completing courses – certification
Simply attending a course DOES NOT guarantee that you will be awarded the certification for that course.
All Nationally Recognised units of competence require you to attend the course for the required duration and also to successfully complete the assessments. The trainer / assessor will make all effort to assist you during the course but there is still no guarantee certification will be issued if you are unable to meet all of the criteria for that specific unit.
General Practitioners may gain 5 Category 2 CPD points for CPR training. GP’s can attend any of our public CPR courses and then submit the certificate and this attached mapping document to email@example.com
3rd Party Arrangments
Vital First Aid has an arrangement with a few “3rd parties” who provide services on behalf of this RTO. These services can be training, assessment, related educational and support services and/or any activities related to the recruitment of prospective learners.
Workshops delivered under a 3rd party arrangement will be clearly identified by the provider prior to commencement as well as being clearly noted on the Booking Confirmation Email.
Vital First Aid Training Services enters into a 3rd Party arrangement to deliver various courses (units of competency) on its behalf. The 3rd party must provide the same level of professionalism and compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO) 2015 that an RTO must, however, it is important that all learners are aware that the RTO is Vital First Aid Training Services Pty Ltd and that Vital First Aid Training Services will be responsible for issuing any qualifications or Statement of Attainments.
It is also important that learners visit www.vitalfirstaid.com.au before commencing any Nationally Recognised training with the 3rd party to view information about the courses you are wanting to attend and view our various policies including complaints, appeals, support services, and our student handbook.
If you are in any way concerned about this arrangement or feel that you have not been provided the information/services required, we encourage you to contact us at Vital First Aid